Add, Inactivate, or Change: DeptID (formerly Org Code)
In order to support the ongoing budget process, only certain types of org tree changes are allowed during the times listed below.
Allowable Updates after Fiscal Close through November 30
- Open for all types of changes
- Note Org Tree closed for changes in December
Allowable Updates between January 1 and May 31
- Requests for a new DeptID or range of new DeptIDs (Note: For data integrity purposes, we will no longer re-activate previously used DeptIDs)
- Requests for a new Node with a new range of DeptIDs
- Description Changes to DeptIDs or Nodes
Updates on Hold between January 1 and May 31
- Movements of Nodes or DeptIDs on the tree
Note: Inactivations remain on hold as we work to finalize the timing and requirements.
Org Tree Closed for Changes from May 31 through Fiscal Close
- Consistent with prior years, the Org Tree is closed for changes during this period in preparation for and during fiscal close
Ongoing Process for Requesting Changesview a High Level Summary of the Process
- All new change requests should be discussed with your Divisional Finance Leader (DFL) before submission.
- The DFL will work with your division’s Portfolio Budget Officer to discuss the change and determine next steps.
- The Portfolio Budget Officer will work with the DFL to fill out the appropriate forms once the change has been evaluated based on business needs and COA guidelines. The change request forms will no longer be made available on the BAI website.
- Inactivations are on hold as we work to finalize the timing and requirements for that part of the process.
If you have an Org Tree change request, please contact your DFL to discuss the change.
back to How to Update ChartField Values