Revenue or Recharge Fund Number Request Form Instructions
Do NOT use this form for:
- Contract or Grant funds, which are established centrally by Contracts and Grants Accounting
- Plant funds or Agency funds. For these funds, complete the appropriate form, available on the Financial Accounting & Controls website.
Complete the section "Information to be completed by Requesting Department".
- Requested Action: check the action you are requesting. Only funds that are exclusively used by your department can be inactivated per your request.
- Requested Fund: check the type of fund (Revenue or Recharge).
- Fund Title: enter the description of the fund. This field is 30 characters long and is required.
- Long Description: enter the long description of the fund. This field
is 254 characters long and is required for Add requests. The long description
of a requested new fund should describe the activity for which the fund
is requested. Please include any externally imposed restrictions governing
the use of the fund, if any. Also for an Add request for a revenue fund,
describe the item(s) or service(s) your department will be selling and
to whom the sales will be made. This information is useful in determining
if any net revenue generated from the activity is subject to reporting
to the Internal Revenue Service as Unrelated Business Income. Below are
a few examples of such descriptions:
- Berkeley publications in Art History sold to other colleges and universities, professors, graduate students and the general public;
- Commercial advertising space in campus newspapers, journals, magazines or other periodicals sold to non-UC organizations and businesses;
- Lab facilities rented to non-UC research institutes;
- Printing services provided to non-UC customers.
- Estimated Annual Revenue: if this is an Add request for a revenue fund, enter the dollar amount of estimated annual revenue.
- Primary Dept ID: enter the Primary Dept ID that is to be used for most, if not all, of the activities of this fund. This information is required. The Dept ID may be used in the reappropriation process and in the STIP allocation (to derive the Dean/VC Org). When closing a fiscal year for a fund, any difference between the amount in the Actual ledger and the amount in the Tempbudg ledger will be reappropriated to the fund's Primary Dept ID and Primary Program codes.
- Primary Program: enter the Primary Program code that is to be used for most, if not all, of the activities of this fund. This information is required. The Primary Program code may be used in the reappropriation process. When closing a fiscal year for a fund, any difference between the amount in the Actual ledger and the amount in the Tempbudg ledger will be reappropriated to the fund's Primary Dept ID and Primary Program codes.
- Requested By: requests must be submitted by the manager of the department (or an equivalent).
E-mail the completed form to the appropriate Control Unit contact for approval.