Remote Desktop Connection (RDC)
The following information applies to BAIRS 9, which will not be available after 11:00 p.m., May 31, 2015. Beginning June 1, 2015, only BAIRS 11 will be available, and BAIRS 11 is only available via Citrix. Please see the BAIRS 11 Launch website for more information on how to access BAIRS beginning June 1, 2015.
to Access BAIRS and UPKs
Note: If you do not already have RDC access to BAIRS or UPKs, contact the BFS/BAIRS Help Desk at email@example.com or 664-9000, ext 122 to request RDC access. Provide your full name and CalNet ID in your request.
If you are a Windows user, you already have Remote Desktop Connection installed on your computer (look in All Programs > Accessories). Skip to Step 3 below.
If you are a Mac user, start with Steps 1 and 2 to install and configure Remote Desktop Connection.
Install and Configure RDC
the Mac RDC client from microsoft.com.
Notice the link to the Installation Instructions.
- Install the RDC client on your Mac. (This step may need to be done by your IT Administrator.)
- Open the RDC client and enter the server name: rptportal.berkeley.edu.
Note: the server should be accessible from anywhere on or off campus (VPN is not required).
- Set up the RDC Preferences to map your local hard
drive and printers.
Under Drives, select Home folder.
Note: If you wish to have your local drive available during the Remote Desktop session, you should select the Home folder. This allows you to save files, such as PDF files, to your local drive.
Under Printers, select the appropriate printer.
Use Remote Desktop Connection
- Close Preferences and then click the Connect button on the RDC window.
- Login to the Remote Desktop Connection using your CalNet ID and passphrase.
Enter CAMPUS for the domain.
- Click Connect. (If you don't want to this message
to show in the future, check the "Don't show this message again" box.
- Click the Connect button.
- After you have connected, you will be taken to the Berkeley Reporting
Portal page where you will be prompted to CalNet authenticate.
Use a User Productivity Kit (UPK)
- If you wish to use a UPK rather than the Berkeley Reporting Portal,
close the Berkeley Reporting Portal and Hyperion Workspace windows by
clicking the "x" in the upper right corner of each window.
- To use a UPK, double-click the UPK training for BAIRS and BFS desktop
icon, and then click the link of the UPK that you want to use.